If you haven’t already heard, green tea is one of the most healthy drinks that you can have. It is way better than alcohol and other drinks that are actively harming your brain even if they feel good. In this article, you are going to learn how exactly green tea is beneficial for your brain. Most of the time, you’ll realize that green tea is the better choice over just about any sugar filled juice, alcoholic drink, or alternative.
Besides water, there are few things that are as good as green tea for both your brain and body. Here are some reasons:
- Green tea has L-theanine – this natural amino acid is one of the most important parts of green tea because it helps to promote relaxation and alpha brain waves, which are the most useful for getting high quality work done. If you want to be creative and think of a problem from another angle, this is perfect. It is also a synergistic compound to go with caffeine.
- Green tea has green tea catechins – If you have never heard of ECGC you are not alone, but it is a chemical compound that is found in green tea. It can help to improve your memory and has a positive effect on many other parts of your brain as well.
- Caffeine – this is obviously the best chemical that most people use in order to improve their brain function, but usually coffee has a lot. Green tea has just enough caffeine to help stimulate your brain without causing crashes and uncomfortable situations of dependence.
If you keep this in mind when you are ordering your next drink from the coffee shop, you are going to find that you’ll have a much better situation for your brain.
One thing that most people don’t realize when they go on a diet is that leaving other people to make your food is one of the worst things that you can do. You’ll find that cooking your own food comes with a number of advantages that are minute, but very important. If you are truly dedicated to losing weight and looking your best, these reasons are going to be profound. Not only that, you’ll be able to avoid upset stomach and hurting your body in ways you don’t even realize.
For one thing, it is important to cook your own food so you know how much of every ingredient is going into the product. This is the only way to track approximately how many calories you are eating, which is a big part of losing weight. If you are not counting and becoming more knowledgeable about the food that you are consuming, it is going to be hard to lose weight.
Another thing you need to keep in mind is that many restaurants are trying to get the food to you in the cheapest possible way. That means they are not using the best ingredients and they can have some unhealthy fats and old oils that cause you to have bad experiences.
Overall, knowing what you go into your food is the best way to live in general, but makes even more sense when you are trying to lose weight. When knowledge is power, having control over your food seems to make a lot of sense. Just make sure that you are cooking food that is healthful. If you get a deep frier and start to produce your own french fries and other similar foods, you’re not going to have the best experience!
For people who are not aware, obesity and diabetes are running rampant in the United States and the western world. Most people are unhealthy compared to the total population of our ancestors and there are a few reasons for that.
The number one reasons is because we have not been walking and this is a much needed part of our existence. For thousands of years humans have been walking, but lately there is little to no reason to do so.
Getting Up and Getting Active
All of the things that you do in a typical day add up to a few thousand steps, but it is nothing like the 10,000 steps most people used to get on average. If you are driving around in the United States, you are missing out on a lot of walking opportunities, which can help your health in a number of ways.
- Walking improves your brain – not only is walking good for your body, but it is good for your brain. There are studies showing that going for a walk can trigger certain parts of the brain into action that will help you to develop certain brain chemicals that make an important difference.
- Walking is easy on the joints – even hardcore athletes can benefit from walking because it increases bone density and it is better for the joints than some of the heavy power lifting and other styles of activity that people engage in. You’ll find walking to be a much safer thing for you to enjoy.
- Walking burns more fat – While you might think that a hard workout where you are sweating and really tired burns the most fat, it is actually running. The intense workout uses glucose for energy but a low intense exercise like walking is going to burn more fat.